Petroleum - Benzin - Spiritus - Karbid - Gas
24. großes Lampentreffen, 30. Mai - 02. Juni 2024 in Köln

| Hinweis zu den Inhalten |   | Hilfe |   | MÄXCHEN |  
Fotos der vergangenen Treffen

Willkommen! Anmelden Ein neues Profil erzeugen

Erweiterte Suche
H&S lamp needing gallery, chimney and shade
geschrieben von Maggie Bellwood 
Hi - apologies for not writing in German.

I have an old H&S lamp that needs a new gallery, chimney and shade. Does anyone have an idea of what it should look like so that I can seek replacement parts? Or even better, where I can source H&S parts?
Re: H&S lamp needing gallery, chimney and shade
09. November 2015 20:35
Hi Maggie,

no apologies owed, at least not for the writing in English part.

The rest however... let me put it this way: Companies back then tended to sell various products and hence, posting a picture or two might increase your chances of getting help. Only a few members of this community are actually fortune tellers ;-) Nevertheless the Hugo Schneider company went bust a long time ago so the usual way would be to look for spare parts on second hand or auction platforms on the internet. To my knowledge there is no such thing as a source.

Kind regards,
Tobi

- - - - -
"Denn ist nicht alles, was man Kindern tut, Gewalt? -
Zu sagen: - ausgenommen, was die Kirch'
An Kindern tut."
G.E.Lessing, Nathan der Weise
Thanks Tobi

Just knowing there is no one source is helpful!

Yes I was struggling to get an image that would send - I hope I have managed it now. I have trawled the internet but can't find any images with the same sort of conical burner, so can't work out what sort of chimney or shade to look for in suppliers' catalogues/auction web sites, so thought I might have better luck on a German forum!! - I'm worried about making sure it burns properly.

Any clues would be gratefully received

Cheers

Maggie

Re: H&S lamp needing gallery, chimney and shade
11. November 2015 07:32
Hello,

just a bit surprised that no one pointed you over to Hytta Antik, which is a trading site for antique lamps and replacement parts, run by the same operator as this forum. You can browse the parts posted for trade or sale there, or if you don't find what you need, post your own "I'm looking for" advertisement.

As to the actual designation of your burner, I'm afraid I can't help you there as I haven't studied "indoor" burners in to that detail yet. Some hints to find out more would be:
-what "gauge" is your burner? - i.e. diameter of gallery thread, inner and outer burner tube, width of the wick? If you're lucky this might even be stamped somewhere on it, e.g 10''' ("lines", denoted like "Inch" but with a third apostrope is an old unit of measurement which was/is used for classifying these lamps).
-how is the air induction system of your burner realised? (probably an "inverted-V" shaped aperture on the other side of the wick tube)
-is there a provision for a flame spreader (which would then be missing in your picture)? This would most likely be a small tube (1-3mm diameter) in the very center of the burner (inside the inner wick tube) which takes a mushroom- or funnel-shaped pin that sits above the wick. Other designs do however exist, like a tube of perforated sheet metal with the "hat" on it that sits on a ridge inside the burner.

Hope this helps,
Arno
Hello,

it looks like a badly repaired 8''' or 10''' Kosmos burner. The gallery and the chimney are missing. The wick tube is in bad shape and the base of the burner is soldered and demaged.
I would recommend you to buy a complete new or older burner in good condition.

Regards
Max
Thanks very much Max, that's relly helpful - I'm very ignorant and this will help I'm sure!

Cheers

Maggie
Autor:

Ihre Emailadresse:

Thema:

Anhänge:
  • Folgende Dateitypen können angehängt werden: jpg, gif, pdf, bmp
  • Die Dateien dürfen jeweils nicht größer sein als: 800 KB
  • 6 zusätzliche Dateien können an den Beitrag angehängt werden

Spamschutz:
Bitte gib die Lösung der Matheaufgabe in das Eingabefeld ein. Damit werden Bots, die versuchen dieses Formular automatisch auszufüllen, geblockt.
Frage: Was ergibt 4 plus 9?
Nachricht:

Petroleumlampen hytta.de Infos Petroleumlampen Hytta Facebook
Zylinder, Dochte, Schirme, Zubehör
großes Lager, schnelle Lieferung
lampen.hytta.de
Alte Kataloge, Prospekte,
Auszüge aus Büchern und Broschüren
info.hytta.de
Stuga-Cabaña News - hytta.de -
jetzt auch bei Facebook und Twitter
hytta.de/facebook